AdobeStock_120344590.jpeg

Broussard's

22_MBB_FinalFour_FC_300.png

819 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA, 70112

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/3

Description

Broussard’s first opened its doors in 1920 when prominent local chef Joseph Broussard married Rosalie Borrello and they moved into her childhood home on Conti Street. They lived in the apartment upstairs, while Broussard worked downstairs to create a five-star restaurant where he masterfully combined the local Creole cuisine with classic French dishes inspired by his formal Parisian culinary training. In 1966, longtime steward Joseph Segretto took over, and in the 1970s, he renovated the restaurant with the Marcellos. Beginning in the 1980s, Evelyn and Gunther Preuss graciously maintained the restaurant for decades, until the Ammari family acquired it in 2013.

Venue Details

Max. Capacity

650

Square Footage

For More Information, Contact:

Tricia Lowe

TLowe@gnosf.org

504-525-5678

Venue Location

819 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA, 70112